Aurora Safari in Tromso area
Join the Aurora Safari in Tromso area – taking you to the best places for seeing the Northern Lights:
a comfortable and social Northern Lights Safari to private base stations in Tromso area, with local hospitality and high chances of Northern Lights.
There are five private and safe base stations located in different areas to cover different weather regimes. The base stations offer a local host, warm shelters (lavvu or other building), toilet facilities, thermal winter suits, tripods, outside benches and campfire (weather permitting).
This is an optional add-on package with excursion & overnight in Tromso, which you can add to your Northern Lights trip booked through Fjord Travel Norway. The additional night will be at the same hotel as the rest of the tour. The add-on option will appear during the tour booking process, with prices and details
Based on the operator’s experience of more than 14 years, around 3,500 Northern Lights Safaris, the latest weather forecast, wind direction and the hosts at the Base Stations, they choose the Base Station or stations with the best chances of clear sky and, therefore, of experiencing the Northern Lights.
If the weather changes and clouds move in, they check with their network if it would be better to move to another location. And if so, they finish the meal, hot drinks and “lefse” before leaving to look for clear skies somewhere else. In these circumstances, they will stay along the roads searching for a clear sky.
Their focus on this trip is always to show you the Northern Lights!
What to bring: Warm clothes & boots, hat, scarf and mittens
• A knowledgeable and dedicated English-speaking Northern Lights guide
• Transport by comfortable coach with on-board toilet
• Beautiful Northern Lights video shown on the coach
• Hot soup, hot chocolate/coffee/tea and a sweet local cake (lefse) Vegetarian soup can be requested
• Access to a high-resolution group photo link (via Facebook)
• About 20 warm overalls for use during the stay at the Base Station
• About 10 tripods for use during the stay at the Base Station
• Advice from your guide about how to take Aurora photos
Duration: 5-7 hours
Number of guests: 2-100
Difficulty level: Very easy. Suitable for children. No wheelchair access
Our Northern Lights trips to Tromso:
Northern Lights cruise trip
Northern Lights cruise & Snow hotel
Tromso Winter Adventure, 3 nights (included in the tour)
Northern Lights Safari, 5 nights (included in the tour)
Ice hotel, Northern Lights and Tromso, 6 nights